This blog post has been a long time coming. 2018 has been filled with change for me personally, that included lots of loss, lots of love and a BIG MOVE. See back in June my family and I relocated to Pittsburgh aka Steel City, aka The City of Bridges, aka The Burgh. This move brought us closer to both sets of family and we are settling in. We miss our friends who became family back in the DC area and have already been back to visit! I especially miss my blog partner in crime my friend and photograher Beth Caldwell who has been an unrelentless supporter and without her this little blog wouldn’t exist. However, as we build our new life here (literally and figuratively–we are building a brand new home) I wanted to share with you what I am loving about my new city and what I am looking forward to:
Shirt (by Steel City): https://shopsteelcity.com/
Jeans (still my fave): http://shopstyle.it/l/QxBV
Shoes (so comfy): http://shopstyle.it/l/QxCg
Things I am loving:
- The people–as a girl who grew up in the midwest, I was longing for that midwest niceness and boy have I found it. If you mention to strangers in Target you just moved here, basically anyone they say, “Welcome to Pittsburgh” Speaking of the people, I had the opportunity to work with the AMAZINGLY talented and incredibly kind Chancelor behind Keep Pittsburgh Dope to shoot these photos—check him out!
- The drivers/lack of traffic–(see above); I have yet to be at a four way stop without waving on situation happening–no you go first, no you…I mean sometimes it makes the whole thing take longer! 🙂
- The blogging community–this community is smaller than the DC contingent and very inclusive/supportive–look for some collaborations coming soon
- The food– we haven’t even scratched the surface on this budding food scene, but have quickly found some favorites which include Peace, Love and Little Donuts and Emporio: A Meatball Joint.
Things I am looking forward to:
- Building our forever home–having the opportunity to pick out and build exactly what you want is exciting and overwhelming and I feel so blessed we are able to do so.
- Exploring the city–from the museums to the restaurants and everything in between, the place has so much to offer
- Getting involved in the community–including some partnership with organizations that give back (stay tuned)
- Delve into the shopping scene–I mean this is a fashion blog after all; can’t wait to find some favorites–don’t worry I have already found the best Target in the area
So as all of these changes are happing personally, I also wanted to give this blog a new look and feel. My goal has always been to deliver quality content that features attainable fashion for women of all shapes and sizes. So stay tuned for more and thank you for all who have been on this just over a year journey with me! So I hope yinz will stick around!